A sensational cholcolate delight! Chocolate-Dipped Strawberries
by Guest Author
24-30 perfectly ripened strawberries, green caps intact
170g sweet, semi-sweet, bittersweet, or white chocolate, coarsely chopped
1. Rinse strawberries and dry thoroughly on paper towels.
2. Melt the chocolate in the top of a double boiler, set over simmering water, or in a non-stick skillet set over low heat, or in a glass bowl in the microwave (on full power in 30-second intervals).
3. Regardless of the method used to melt chocolate, stir it as it starts to soften.
Chocolate should not be hot - if it gets too hot, it will be too thin and it will drip off of the strawberries rather than adhere to them.
Be careful - overheating chocolate may cause scorching and keep it from blending properly.
4. Insert a toothpick into the stem end of each strawberry and dip into the chocolate, coating 34 of the berry. (Leave the green cap and some of the red berry showing for a more decorative finished product.)
5. Spear the free end of the toothpick into a piece of styrofoam to allow the strawberry to dry upside down. (Strawberries may also be dried on waxed paper.) If the chocolate becomes too thick to work with, re-heat gently. If desired, after the chocolate hardens, dip the tip in a contrasting chocolate.
6. After the chocolate hardens, remove the strawberries from the toothpicks. The chocolate-dipped strawberries are best if eaten within 24 hours. Refrigerate for longer storage, but serve at room